11 June 2014

Work Life Balance & Boys

It is the end of the weekend and I am mentally getting ready for next week's work load. "Did a whole week already go by?" I think to myself as I look over at my teenage son, who needs to remove his peach fuzz. We have agreed that Monday morning is the day he would shave his mustache and the little hairs on his chin. Eeek! Once a week is all he needs to get the job done, for now... The weeks are going by so fast and this little distasteful reminder, when I see the black haze above his lip, makes me feel that time is running out.

Instagram is a great way to mark the passage of time, because as I look at my photos I have posted, it will show the weeks. There is a photo I took last spring, when we first noticed he had passed me up. It was 59 weeks ago, just over a year from today. Now he is at least six inches taller then me (keep in mind, I am super short). It is shocking the change that occurs seemingly overnight and my heart can hardly contain itself. 





There are so many emotions:

PRIDE because you can see the man he will become.

HOPE because he sometimes opens doors and carries stuff for you!

SADNESS because he is growing up so fast, there are only a few more years left to enjoy this person who just yesterday was a boy.

FRUSTRATION (Panic may be a better word) because he is growing up so fast and you only have a few more years to make sure he can function in society!

IRRITATION because, oh my gosh, I am still clipping his nails! (Also there is a small sense of failure)

GRATITUDE because he still lets you clip his nails.

GRATITUDE because I was the one chosen to raise him. 

As I strive to balance running our small startup company with home life, I realize my thoughts are always consumed with my family. That is where a Mother's heart lies. I am sometimes distracted, thankfully, by my work which, on most days, is fun, creative and engaging. But my true heart lies with my boys. That is what I signed up for. So really, there is no balance between work and family life. The scale for me, is always tipped. 

to read more about our LexiWynn Story click here
feel free to distract yourself by following our Instagram feed.



1 comment:

  1. Those photos are crazy! Brighton grew 5" inbetween 7th & 8th grade, so I feel your "pain."

    ReplyDelete