30 May 2014

My People

I was going to title this entry "A Day in the Life of a Custom Bag". However, as I have thought through what I wanted to share, the story has changed into much more then the process of making a bag. 
It has become deeply personal for me as I introduce the individuals who touch each custom order. So, here are My People who carefully, skillfully, handle each bag:



After the orders are taken by our AMAZING Design Consultants, they are sent in to Dina. Here she is hard at work at the computer. Dina also does all sorts of odd jobs to keep things running smoothly. She is the voice our Design Consultants hear when they have questions. And my most trusted employee and friend.



After the orders are processed, each one is hand cut by Noelia. In order to do her job efficiently she must know each design, fabric, leather and material we have to offer. An incredible task for anyone! She is a perfectionist and pretty much runs the show.  She also is an excellent operator who sews our most detailed applications. (She was trained by the best though! Her predecessor has moved onto bigger and better things and we miss her every day.)



 Francisca gets the bags started by sewing the appropriate interlining on each piece. She also prepares the linings of each bag to be sewn to the outside of the bag. Bless her heart, she loves to give gifts and is a faithful employee. 



What would I do without Bernadette? She is a very skilled operator that I trust with my most difficult applications. She has been with me from the beginning of this circus and am thankful for her loyalty and kindness everyday. 



Aurora is an efficient strong operator who finishes each bag. She does the heavy lifting so to speak. I am fortunate to have her in-between her bus driving shifts, where she carefully transports children with special needs to and from school. 



 Here I am doing the hardware. I love that I get to touch every single bag that leaves this workroom. 
I especially love working side by side with these amazing women whom I would have never come into contact with had I not started this company. 

There are more special people who make us great, working behind the scenes. But that will have to wait for the next post !






No comments:

Post a Comment