09 May 2014

Mother's Day!

We love our Moms! She is the reason we are here. She loves us unconditionally. 

My mother taught me to sew. She gave me my creative talents. She gave me the values I hold true. She introduced me to my Faith.


This year as I celebrate Mother's Day and bask in the glory of being called "Mom",  I appreciate and understand more fully what it truly means to have that title. While my Mother gave me so much, ironically, she did not teach me these things I now know:

I now know the sacrifices she made for her family. I can relate to the love, insecurities and pain she felt for her children when they struggled. I understand the joy of watching her children grow up and the love that grows with them. I am learning the scary feeling of having to let the kids go off and make their own mistakes, suffer their own consequences, and the Faith required to not interfere.
 I now know these things by becoming a mother myself.  

It is not for the faint of heart. 




This is one of my favorite photos of my boys when they called me "Mommy". They would not sit still. Ever. Notice the sand on the little one's face... I wonder how that got there. They were annoying and always in my way when I was trying to work. They were silly, loud and naughty. Back then I loved being a mother but it was hard and I did not appreciate their cuteness. Now I do; I sigh when I look at old photos, now that they are almost grown. When I hug them my arms can hardly get around them, and cuddling is awkward. They call me "Mom" or sometimes "Mother", which is weird. I only have a few more years with them under my own roof.
 I will cherish them.

I hope your Mother's Day is a happy one. If you are a Mother, I hope you get a pat on your back for all you do, and you hug your kids even if it is awkward. If you have a Mother, I hope you get a chance to tell her how much you appreciate her. If your Mother is no longer with you, then I hope you can feel glad that she gave you so many things-including memories that you can cherish. 

P.S. Stop in sometime with your mom or daughter! Or call your local Design Consultant. We love designing bags with the special ladies in your life!



No comments:

Post a Comment